Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Cheeseburgers on China… My Blog Name, Explained!

I've been asked many times over the years how this little blog got its name. I recently realized that I have never shared it here. Well, besides my blog banner that makes me hungry every time I see it! (Am I right?!)

As much as I hate to admit it, Kyle named the blog. He's been bugging me to fess up to that for a lonnnnng time now. (You're welcome.) It has nothing to do with the country of China and not a whole lot to do with cheeseburgers. Sorry to disappoint those of you who come looking for a great Chinese-style cheeseburger recipe!

I had been toying with the idea of starting a blog ever since Cooper was born and finally got serious about it when he was around 18 months old. I wanted a name that encompassed all aspects of my life… the ones that are beautiful and the ones that are messy, too.

A lot of the time, those moments are all one in the same.

Just like planning a perfect dinner party, laying out your best china but only having enough time/talent/patience/what-have-you to muster up cheeseburgers for dinner. 



BUT, here's the deal, people love cheeseburgers and the ones that really matter love your "cheeseburgers on china" moments. Good news for me indeed!

On that note, I was going through my photo stream the other day and realized that my favorite pictures are usually NOT the ones that are perfectly edited out of a photographer's lens. How many of these do you have on your phone right now? In my mind, the most perfect pictures are usually not "framers". I'm actually going to start tagging all of mine #notaframer on social media. Join me if you want!

#notaframer 

#notaframer
#notaframer (So very, very much #notaframer.)

#notaframer

#notaframer

#notaframer


#notaframer

#notaframer

Here's to life's less than perfect moments!



1 comment: