Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Dear Monsters…Love, Cooper

Cooper has a thing about monsters coming into his room at night. (Why did we ever invent the idea of monsters for our kids?!) I'm always scrambling for reasons as to why monsters won't come into our house. i.e. "Kona will scare them away." or "They're afraid of Daddy's big muscles!"

One night, I had the bright idea to tell him that monsters wouldn't come to our house because I put a sign on the door that says: "NO MONSTERS ALLOWED!" Well, Cooper thought this was an excellent idea and now EVERY NIGHT we have to make an actual sign to put on the front door.

He dictates what to write and "writes" along with us. We come up with gems like this:

"Dear Monsters,

If you come to 
our house I will
blow you down and 
smush you like a 
pancake. And, I 
won't make you
a cake.

Love,
Cooper"



AND, for some reason, said sign has to be accompanied by two candlesticks and one outlet safety plug. Don't ask, I don't know why!

Whatever works, right?!

2 comments: