Thursday, January 22, 2015

Happy 4th Birthday, Cooper!

I know I say this every year but 4 just seems so much bigger and older than 3! I got Cooper's school registration home in his back-pack the other day and it was labeled "Pre-K Registration". Surely they got his mixed up with somebody else's. Surely my BABY BOY is not going to Pre-K next year! I die.

Yesterday was the boy's 4th birthday and we had all sorts of mini celebrations planned throughout the day as he was going to school. Kyle stayed home from work to eat breakfast with us and we had cinnamon rolls (thanks Auntie T!) and bacon, his faves. After his school lunch I brought up donut holes, as requested, for "the friends". Although he did not want to stay for his own party (too much spotlight for my boy), I'm sure the donut holes were a hit. Then, last night we had an impromptu pizza party and cake with the neighbors. Even all of the attention couldn't shy him away from his chocolate cake with chocolate icing!


Sweet boy…


Happy Birthday to my Cooper Boy! You love: all things boy, scooter races with the neighbors (man, can you get around on that thing!), the Incredibles and Superman, pop music (Rude, Uptown Funk and Animals to name a few), running fast (you practice daily), reading books (we just started "Where the Sidewalk Ends"), Bunny Snacks, terrorizing your sister while pretending not to be terrorizing your sister, helping your dad with anything perceived to be "manly" (especially fixing things), the Orange W store (Whataburger) where you order a "hamburger with extra pickles and just one dip-it, ketchup", and playing "fighting games" with your dad. You take my face in your hands on a daily basis and say "Mom, I have to tell you something. I love you." and there I am, a puddle of mush on the floor. You have your Dad and I eating out of the palm of your hand, and you know it! You are very stubborn and like to make your point but you are also very sweet and loving. KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS! (If I may quote your favorite Dr. Suess!)


Just for fun, I can't read this book and specifically this passage without getting weepy:

“And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)

KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!

So...
be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
you're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!” 
― Dr. SeussOh, The Places You'll Go!

Who's with me?!


2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to sweet Cooper! What a wonderful little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is just an adorable little man and I loved your post too. I also want to plan for a big birthday party for my son at one of local Boston venues. Can you please help me by giving some best party planning tips as I have never organized any party?

    ReplyDelete