Wednesday, February 4, 2015

What's For Dinner Wednesday: Balsamic Chicken Thighs

I recently brought this to a friend after she had a baby. It is so tender and juicy (I will NOT use the "M" word!!!) that she questioned what kind of meat it was. "Chicken?! Chicken in a crock pot?!" Oh yes mam! Love me some chicken thighs!

This one is definitely on our weekly rotation. Garnish with parsley if serving to a friend! (My kids don't care about garnish. Or any condiment except ketchup, for that matter!)

Balsamic Chicken Thighs 

(adapted from Take Them A Meal's recipe)

Ingredients:

3 garlic cloves, minced
Half of a medium onion, minced 
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
8-10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs

Directions:

  1. Place onion, garlic and olive oil in the bottom of a crock pot.
  2. Season both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper and oregano and place on top of the onions and garlic.
  3. Pour balsamic vinegar over the chicken.
  4. Cook on low for 6 hours.

Enjoy! I like to serve with this orzo pasta salad if I'm feeling festive!

2 comments:

  1. Keep these comin!! I get SO burnt out of our same ole same ole (chicken parm aka crumb chicken, meatballs, bean or lentil soup, turkey tacos, and some other random things here and there). Trying this next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like! I'm always asking friends and neighbors what they're making too! Better to not completely reinvent the wheel! :)

      Delete